HARTFORD, CT — Faith Communities Today (FACT) is nearing completion of the most extensive and inclusive survey of local religious groups ever undertaken. The result will be a comprehensive picture of U.S. churches, synagogues, mosques and other bodies.
The FACT findings will be released publicly early in 2001–probably in mid- February. Plans currently are being developed for a major media event and for simultaneous briefings and/or interviews in other major U.S. cities.
Information already is available concerning the unprecedented coalition that has worked for five years to create a common questionnaire and to develop a follow-up program designed to help congregations of all faiths evaluate themselves in the light of responses from their own national group and from other local religious bodies.
Participants familiar with other ecumenical and interfaith programs say they have never been part of a group as inclusive as the researchers, teachers and communicators associated with FACT.
Media outlets are invited to begin plans for reporting on aggregate data as well as denominational and local findings. Available to reporters now through Media Consultant Martin Bailey:
- Interviews with Co-directors David Roozen and Carl Dudley of Hartford Seminary, Hartford CT
- Print resources, including FAQs, newsletters, brochures, releases
- Website, with list of participating bodies, names of researchers, etc.
- 10-minute video about FACT
- Sample of common questionnaire
- Description of self-guiding workbooks for use by congregations
Reporters who will attend the media event and who need FACToids, the Co-directors’ Report, and other documents on an embargoed basis one week before public event, should contact Martin Bailey or return the coupon below.
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
To: Martin Bailey 10 McManus Ct., West Orange, NJ 07052 973.324.9684 MartBailey@aol.com
- Please arrange for me to interview a Co-director and send materials.
- Please contact me about how I can obtain embargoed materials one week prior to media event.
Media Outlet: _______________________________
Mailing address: _____________________________